Last night I began working on a new blog.  I hoped to describe how abortion is like the holocaust of World War II.  I had a title in mind: “How Voting Anything but Pro-Life is like being a Member of the Nazi Socialist Party.”  I even had my first paragraph written,

“The Catholic Church considers abortion one of five non-negotiable issues when determining who to vote for during an election.  This means, a Catholic must vote for the person or party who holds a pro-life view.  To do otherwise would put one at odds with the teachings of the Church.  A Catholic is called to believe in Papal infallibility; the Pope has the authority to issue morally binding doctrine.  We believe that the Church received this authority from God in the person of Jesus, starting with Peter, the first Pope.”

I began to list areas I wanted to cover throughout the post,

Catholic voters in 2013
Absolute Relativism
Non-negotiable Values: Economy / National Defense / Foreign Policy versus Treatment of Human Life
Nazi practices toward the weak or infirmed
Beliefs about the Jews held by Nazi party members
Treatment of Jews / Treatment of Unborn Children

I planned to incorporate a quote from one of the Nazi soldiers who described his experiences on the BBC series, “Auschwitz: The Nazis and the ‘Final Solution,” which I watched yesterday on Netflix.  It hit me pretty hard.  I’ve added the quote at the end of this post if you’d like to read it.

While I was researching how Catholics were intending to vote in the 2013 election, I got sidetracked.  I started to read an article posted by The Huffington Post (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/22/american-values-survey-obama-romney_n_1997805.html), which indicated that only 54% of Catholics preferred Romney, a pro-life candidate.  Then I started thinking about how it’s hard to think of the other 46% as truly being Catholic.  This reminded me of an article I started writing about a month ago.  I decided to finish that article before finishing this one.  That took me a good hour and it was getting late.  Feeling tired, I decided to call it a night and I went to bed.

After a good night rest and my morning prayers I decided to revisit this issue but I decided to first research and see if someone else has already completed this kind of comparison.  I was very pleased to discover the 2011 film, “180: Changing the Heart of Nation” by Ray Comfort.

Ray does an excellent job of interviewing young adults to assess their current beliefs, describing the horrible beliefs and practices of the Nazis and reinforcing the importance of voting pro-life.

All human beings begin their life at the moment of conception, no belief justifies killing him or her, just as no belief about the Jews or other races justified the murdering frenzy of the Nazis.

Be forewarned, you might feel a little sick after watching his movie.  I know I did.  I’m not sure if it was due to excitement at the possibility of sharing this movie with the world, or lingering disgust at how easily we can believe lies or be ignorant to such an extent that we’re capable of treating fellow human beings so terribly.

So, without further ado, and with sincere gratitude for the work that Ray Comfort has completed, the 180 Movie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y2KsU_dhwI.

You may also watch it on his website: http://www.heartchanger.com/

A Nazi soldier, “It was not long before I was assigned to supervise the luggage connection of an incoming transport.   When this was over it was just like a fairground, there was lots of rubbish left, and amongst this rubbish were ill people, those unable to walk, and the way these people were treated really horrified me.  For example, a child who was lying there naked was simply pulled by the legs and chucked into a lorry to be driven away, and when it screamed like a sick chicken… then they bashed it against the edge of the lorry so it shut up.”

Image

If you think an issue is more important than voting pro-life, perhaps rephrasing your views would be appropriate, like “Hail HHS Mandate” or “Hail Wealthier Economy” or “Hail Immigration Reform,” and to some extent, “Hail Hitler.”  For some, it’s become “Hail Satan.”
http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/hail-satan-the-new-pro-choice-mantra/

As for me, with gratitude in being relieved of my ignorance, I’ll vote pro life, saying:

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.

Amen.

“When Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the child leaped in her womb. And Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit and exclaimed with a loud cry, “Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb.”” –Luke 1:41-42

Image

Advertisements